CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7/8/09

The Last Encore for MJ

Like most everyone yesterday I sat glued to my television watching as the Michael Jackson memorial unfolded. I did not even realize at the time the enormity of the procession until I watched the evening news last night and saw how it was actually viewed around the entire world - even Lebanon of all places. It is only in his death that the world has come to realize the tremendous gift he has actually left behind for all ages and that music really is the language of our universe.

Over this past weekend my mother and I were in L.A. and happened to ride down Sunset Blvd passing the intersection that leads to where Michael Jackson was residing. Glancing over we could see the numerous banners, cards and flowers that well-wishers had left behind. I do regret now that we did not have time to stop and take in the moment - just a reminder of how the rush of life sometimes gets in the way.

As his last encore for the world to see, I don't think I will ever forget the image of his eleven-year-old-daughter, Paris, telling the world what a great father he was. It was such a courageous task for someone who has been hidden from the world for the past eleven years, and I don't think anyone watching at that very moment could hold back any tears. As for Michael Jackson himself, I certainly don't think we have heard the last of him. His persona was larger than life itself, his spirit will remain and his memory will live forever.



0 Comments: